- To advocate for specific improvement in the proportion of children under-5 years with disabilities receiving organised family-centred early intervention services for the beneficiaries of the targeted reduction in under-5 mortality with disabilities.
- To develop an accountability mechanism [tagged “U5Disabilites2030”] for global initiatives for early childhood development for children under-5 years with disabilities within the framework of SDG 4.2.1 and relevant United Nation’s conventions and resolutions.
- To facilitate priority consideration for children under-5 years with disabilities based on the best available scientific evidence on early detection and intervention.
- To identify and support initiatives aimed at reducing the incidence of avoidable developmental disabilities among children under-5 years.
- To disseminate research findings that will advance improved community-oriented policies and services for children under-5 years with disabilities and their families.
- To facilitate an inclusive and embracing societal attitude for children with disabilities.
- To serve as a reliable resource-hub for supporting families and carers of children under-5 years with disabilities and foster partnership with other organisations with shared vision for childhood disabilities.